Monday, November 1, 2010

Married with children

Before I got married, I thought I knew what marriage and kids were. Lots of flowers, romance, candy, massages. The list is endless. Marriage was a real eye opener. You bring into marriage all your baggage plus more. Anything that was not resolved during childhood or any bad habits will be magnified times a 1000. I was a slob. Still am but now its more under control. I used to save everything and I mean everything. Slowly I have learned that it is a lot better to just let go. Whether its elementray school knick knacks or grudges and hatred towards people. I hope and pray that I was a good match for my hubby because he is a great match for me. :-)

I had an arranged marriage. My parents looked everywhere for the "perfect" guy for me. No one was good enough to my dad for his precious and favorite first born. Not even the educated and religiuos man who later became my hubby. A few days after our marraige we were in Dhaka. We slowly started getting to know each other more and more.

Next year is going to be our 7 year anniversary. The sever year itch as some refer to it. I'm wondering if I can make it through 7 years with this man and my kids then inshallah I will have 7o more years to come.

There is not anyone else I could think of right now who I would rather spend my life with at this moment in time. He is my confidant and best friend in so many ways. He supports me and wants to make all my wishes come true which make me love him more every day...

2 comments:

Hijabis On Ranting Tour. said...

A million congratulations i recently got married toa total angel lol inshallah we will get to have many years together
wishing you well sis
lvoe
naz@somalianarab.blogspot.com

MarjnHomer said...

inshallah you have many blissful days with your hubby :-) good luck on being a great wife..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...