Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A day in the life...

Life with a toddler who is going through the terrible twos is exactly just that: TERRIBLE! My son refuses to eat. He refuses to sleep. but what he actually means is that he needs to eat and sleep. He's starving and tired. He refuses because its his right. (YEAH, RIGHT!) So when he tells me, "no, I don't want to eat" and turns his face, he actually means Yes I want to but you have to ask me 3 times and pretend to walk away while you actually walk away.

Sounds difficult and agonizing? It is.

Last night, he refused to sleep with me. He wanted his dad. His dad goes to work from 6:30 p.m. til 5:30 a.m. So its just me and my kids. His brother and sister knocked out. I'm tired. I want to sleep. He wants to sleep next to me. With so many people in a bed, its hard to get good rest, so I refused him. He cried and screamed for 10 minutes. I called his dad many times. He was busy. I then called my mil and he talked to her. Their conversation went like this:

Son: *sniffing* Its night time.
Mil: I can't hear what you're saying.
Son: *sniffing* Its night time.
Mil: I can't hear what you're saying.
Son: *sniffing* Its night time.
Mil: I can't hear what you're saying.
Son: *sniffing* Its night time.
Mil: I can't hear what you're saying.

He was talking really low. Then she was like "be a good boy and go to sleep. Don't give your mom a hard time."

I talked to her. He came next to me. I kissed him and gave a hug.He was fine for 2 seconds, then it started again because his dad called. He started again for another 20 minutes. After some "tough" loving from me, he knocked out right next to me. I wanted to sleep, he wanted to sleep next to me. He falls asleep around 12. Takes me forever to fall asleep. Finally when I do, my bil from overseas rings twice on the cell. Ya Allah!!! I shut it off.

Today rolls around and my kids decided to wake up at the weirdest time of 7:30 a.m. All three of them. I do not get to use the bathroom from last night until 12:30 p.m. when my hubby wakes up and I get ready for a doctor's appointment.

Going to docs for dermatology, the parking space is full. I walk into the itty bitty waiting room. They call on time. Tell me I have to fork over $155 dollars for my visit. I reschedule and leave. Go get my car from valet. Wait 15 minutes for car to come. Tip the man (boy) and leave. Come home. Hubby is cooking fish with green peppers. I eat 5 day old potatoes with rice and lentils with tomatoes.

Hubby leaves for carpet store. Gave wrong directions. He's lost. Pissed. Hungry. 30 minutes later, he rings. "I found the place. We're here" The weirdest part was after I hang up the phone with him I cry.

I get easily irritated and frustrated by stuff these days. I'm not preggo because I got my period. Is this a phase?

1 comment:

hypermom said...

You were just overwhelmed by the everyday stuff. Don't worry, tomorrow is another day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...