Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Siesta

Is there anyone out in the real world that is truly happy with the way they are? I mean physically, mentally, emotionally? It seems the more you think about it the more the answer is truly NO! People are constantly changing their eyes, hair, nose, boobs and everything in between. When was the last time you said, "Dammit, I don't care any more what you think. I am happy with being me!" For me it was never but I never knew how good I had it until I had kids. Kids make you appreciate things more. Free time. Reading. Nature. Going somewhere unplanned. and the best one of all sleeping in. Boy, do I miss that!

4 comments:

Yasemin said...

Oh I know what you mean! By the way I love the strawberry theme. I wish for the days when you could go see Titanic with your college roomates, and not worry about whether your 4 year old would sit still. However, those days will return dear, and then you'll wish you had the ones with the kids back. When the kids are up and out.

Call Me Cate said...

I'm the least content person I know. It's my biggest wish. Whether that means changing the things I don't like or just accepting them, either one works for me.

I try every day to remember how fortunate I am to have very few responsibilities. Even my 8-5 job isn't very structured or busy.

I'm babbling. I enjoyed your post.

Nargis said...

Assalam Walaikum,

Subhanallah it's not just about kids, even getting married makes you appreciate things you once took for granted. God tests in differnt ways, and He does so to make us stronger. We just never know what that trial will be =)

Although we don't know our destiny, Allah wants us to go to Him for help.

Inshallah Allah accepts your duas.

MarjnHomer said...

Lisa-In our culture the kids never leave in some ways. Even after they get married the kids will have kids and still be living with you if they are male. So...

CMC-I like your babbling. I dont mind it. I have a routine that I feel I need to break away from but then when I do its like my house had a tornado flying thru it.

SS-I am praying for easier, simpler days. I dont even want a big house. I prefer a ranch and a swing set in the back for my kids. pretty simple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...