Wednesday, October 13, 2010

hypocrite?

I've been feeling really low since last Thursday. A friend I knew for a while invited me over for her sister's going away party. She was joking and telling me how when she invites me over I never show up or anything. It really got me to me that it brought down my mood and my mood has not changed from her words ever since. I texted her that day saying how my hubby was like I could not go that Friday but will go over on Sunday. Sunday did not happen either. It was too crazy at home and the weather sucked for me to go out with the kids.

The thing is I WANT TO GO OUT but never cannot. I am usually busy with family obligations or such. This was the second time someone has called me out on it. The first time, I proved to the girl that I will keep my word. This time I was not and have been beating myself up over it. I said I would and then could not. Does that make me a hypocrite? I keep having this hadith come up in my head.

"Abdullah ibn ‘Amr (RA) says that Rasulullah (SAW) said: “Four traits whoever possesses them is a hypocrite and whoever possesses some of them has an element of hypocrisy until he leaves it: the one who when he speaks he lies, when he promises he breaks his promise, when he disputes he transgresses and when he makes an agreement he violates it.” (Muslim and Bukhari)"

4 comments:

Mrs. Cullen said...

you are not a hypocrite. you couldn't go. its ok. next time just say you will try your best to come. and try, and thats all you need to do. a true friend will understand.

Crystal said...

I have a friend who always says she'll make it to an event. She'll call an hour beforehand and cancel. She has her quirks. She texted me one day apologizing for being so inconsistent. I messages her back teasingly "But you ARE consistent, consistently inconsistent!" Haha.

I think true friends will understand your situation, but also who you are as a person. It's always good to call and let the person know, and you do that. I think you're fine.

Don't ever feel bad for who you are, unless what you want to change is who you are.

WhiteOrchid said...

Thats not being a hypocrite. You had valid reasons for not bein able to go. She will understand Insha'Allah :)

MarjnHomer said...

mrs. cullen-thnx for saying that but lately i been hard on myself..

calabresella- i finally emailed her after 2 weeks n feel tons better. she totally understood.

whiteorchid-inshallah she will

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...