Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Patience

I could not fall asleep easy on Sunday. Every time I shut my eyes a flash of bright light would come across my eyes. Or I would feel my heart racing. I slept next to hubby with a thick mink blanket and faint light from the living room. My baby kept making noises in the other room so I went and slept next to him. Hair wet from a shower. A few minutes later hubby went to the bathroom, came back out and came right next to me. We both felt restless but not sure why. The next day it all came to light the reason.

Its been 3 weeks yesterday since the death of my brother in law shocked us all and left us numb for days on end. I was home alone for about four hours, enjoying it when I got news that shocked me and left me shaken all over again. The house that I was trying my best to sell for the past year or so was broken into and burned really bad. To make matters worse we did not have homeowner's insurance on it. The man we tried contacting never got back to us or was never at the office.

Now my fellow readers, my question to you is what can be done and is there any way to salvage this crisis because my brain is fried and I'm so exhausted.

5 comments:

Misstarii said...

First of all,I'm very sorry for your loss. May you find the strength to get through this.
I would say just be there for other family members, sometimes even sitting with them in silence can help.

Nargis said...

I asked my hubby about house insurance. Okay now I understand the sit. better. I'd say contact the City of D and ask what is their policy on that...you don't have to say your name to get info.

MarjnHomer said...

thank you both for the info :-) I am trying everyday to just take it one day at a time...

pilgrimchick said...

Although I haven't been through what you're going through now, I can at least understand how you're feeling. I am amazed how many people are talking about how stressed they're feeling lately for all kinds of different reasons. I hope things work out--you're not alone out there.

Amira said...

I'm not sure about your question but I just wanted to show you these hadiths.
"Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience.[Al Bukhari and Muslim]
& "A Muslim, male or female, continues to remain under trial in respect of his life, property, and offspring until he faces Allah, the Exalted, with no sin record.
[At-Tirmidhi]" Inshallah things will get better sis. take care Ma'asalama

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...