Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is among us. A day to remember all that you are blessed with and to give thanks. The beauty in Islam is to give thanks all day, every day. Allah Shukr.

This year I am thankful (grateful) for:

* another year to be alive watching my kids grow up because there are many moms and dads who are not able to see and enjoy this.

*my family and friends who all keep me sane.

*being able to find a strength within me that I did not know was possible.

*getting through a tough year with many ups and downs and learning from them.

*getting out with the kids more this year.

*my hubby and his brother going to school to get a better education and better career.

*my dad who is always showing me that its never too late to start learning something new, that learning is a lifelong process that will never end until you die.  From the cradle to the grave, seek knowledge.

Some Quran verses dealing with gratitude:

Allaah parallels it with His mention. He Says (what means): “So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me”. [Quran 2: 152]


Allaah parallels it with belief. He Says (what means): “What would Allaah do with [i.e., gain from] your punishment if you are grateful and believe?...” [Quran 4: 147] Meaning, if you fulfil the rights due to Allaah and the reason for which He has created you by gratitude and belief, He will not punish you.


Allaah tests His slaves in order to see who will practice gratitude and who will not. Allaah informs us about what Prophet Sulaymaan said when He Says (what means): “…This is from the favor of my Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful – his gratitude is only for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever is ungrateful – then indeed my Lord is Free of need and Generous.” [Quran 27: 40]


Allaah promises increased favors for those who are grateful. He Says (what means): “And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed My punishment is severe.'” [Quran 14: 7]


More can be found at islamweb

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...